Here at Congregation Beth Torah, we have a wonderful and supportive community built around volunteering and involvement within our Congregation. There is an opportunity for every person to get involved with something they’re passionate about while building lifelong friendships and connections.
Contact the office for more information about any of these connections. We look forward to seeing you!
Worship and Prayer
- Torah Reader: Can you read or chant Torah? This is the perfect activity for you to get involved in our worship while sharpening your Hebrew skills.
- Singing, Playing, & Praying: Reach out to Music Director Emily Tummons to find ways to engage in CBT's musical life. From sing-alongs at Village Shalom residents with the Men's Group, to playing your instrument in our Simchat Torah Band, to praying with your community at Contemplation Nights, discover your own doorway to a rich, vibrant, and robust spirituality.
- Participate in the life of the school: After you grab a bagel on Sunday morning or a slice of pizza on Wednesday evening there is room for you to participate in the life of the Weiner Religious School. Let Rabbi Kleinman know if this opportunity catches your eye.
Acts of Loving Kindness
- Blood Drives: Join the growing community of regular blood donors who participate in our quarterly blood drives. Check our website for upcoming dates and times to make a difference in someone’s life.
- January meals for reStart Homeless Shelter: Join the Beth Torah families who volunteer during the weekends every January to provide and serve lunch and dinner at the only non-denominational shelter in the Greater Kansas City community.
- BackSnack Program: Congregation Beth Torah is proud to be working with Harvesters Food Network to help address the hunger needs of kids in the Kansas City area. Drivers are needed on Thursdays to deliver food to our designated school. Our team of volunteers would love your involvement!
Commitment to Congregation Beth Torah
- Shalom Squad: Your welcoming face is needed on Friday nights. Sign up to be part of our Shalom Squad and personify the warm and welcoming feel that Beth Torah creates. Since two people are needed every week, why not sign up with a friend? Thank you to our member Jeff Antoniewicz for saying "Yes" to CBT and coordinating the Squad. You can choose your dates by clicking here or heading to our web site and clicking on the Shalom Squad link.
- Membership: Help welcome new Beth Torah members and share your love of our community with them. This is a great way to foster new relationships.
- 30th Anniversary Party: Help plan our big 30th Anniversary dance party happening on April 13th, 2019. Help is needed for planning, volunteering the night of the event and a planned silent auction.